After attending Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Wakefield, Michael went to the University of East Anglia to study law. However, the lure of financial services proved too much and he joined Robert Lumley & Associates in 1982 to work alongside his father.
After his father Robert’s retirement in 1998, Michael took over control of the family business and became Senior Partner.
Michael is an expert in his field and passionate about giving clients truly independent advice.
Michael is a Chartered Financial Planner, which is only awarded to those professional financial advisers who can demonstrate commitment to developing their knowledge via examinations and provide advice, service and ongoing support of the highest quality.
Michael, a former Huddersfield RUFC 1st XV Captain, is a keen sportsman and although his rugby union playing days are over he still follows the sport closely. He now prefers a round of golf at Woodsome Hall, where he is a member.
- Chartered Financial Planner
- AFPC – Advanced Financial Planning Certificate
- APFS – Associate, Personal Finance Society
- F10 – Taxation and Trusts
- F20 – Personal Investment Planning
- F30 – Corporate Investment Planning
- G60 – Pensions
- G70 – Investment Portfolio Management
- G80 – Long Term Care
- AF5 – Financial Planning Process
- R08 – Pensions Update Programme
- CF3 – Financial Protection
- CF4 – Retirement Planning
- FA7 – Financial Services Products
- 550 – Personal Investment