Richard is also a Chartered Financial Planner with three decades of experience. Richard started his career in Financial Services at the Prudential joining them in 1987 as a trainee Financial Adviser.
In 1994, he joined Westbourne Insurance Brokers, who later became Oval Financial Services, as an Independent Adviser.
In 2008, Richard joined forces with Michael having played rugby together for many years and Lumley Baxter Asset Management LLP was born.
Richard, also a former Huddersfield RUFC 1st XV Captain, still turns out for the 3rd team. He is also a keen racketball player, enjoys playing golf at Woodsome Hall, driving Vintage cars and playing trombone for Hade Edge ‘B’ Brass Band with the youngest of his three daughters.
- Chartered Financial Planner
- AFPC – Advanced Financial Planning Certificate
- APFS – Associate, Personal Finance Society
- ACII – Associateship Examination
- G60 – Pensions
- AF5 – Financial Planning Process
- K10 – Retirement Options
- CF3 – Financial Protection
- CF5 – Integrated Financial Planning
- CF4 – Retirement Planning
- CF9 – Pensions Simplification
- R05 – Financial Protection
- R08 – Pensions Update Programme
- FA7 – Financial Services Products
- 530 – Economics & Business
- 550 – Personal Investment
- 565 – Life Assurance Law & Taxation
- 580 – Pension Planning & Administration